I try to be happy everyday but Monday is special.
I find that I have to put in very special effort to be happy on a Monday.
I’m bloated from the weekend. Ravenously hungry. Unnecessarily on edge and generally regretting all of my life choices.
It’s just always “one of those days” every Monday.
It’s been a learning process to find ways to be happy on Mondays.
5 Ways to be Happy on a Monday
- Accept that you’re having a bad day. A bad day doesn’t equal a bad life. So don’t fight it. Accept it. It’s okay
- Don’t make it worse. Overeating will make you feel worse so don’t do it. Yelling at people will make you feel worse so don’t do it. If you slip up and do either of these things, don’t sweat it. You’re having a bad day, remember?
- Listen to music. Specifically, listen to music that you want to listen to. Not music you think you should be listening to. Sometimes I listen to Christian music when I’m down. Sometimes I listen to Miley Cyrus. Que sera sera
- Leave problems alone. You can’t solve all problems. So learn to leave some problems alone unsolved. Just pretend they don’t exist. The happiest people I know do this all the time. The way I see it, they’re winning and I need to be like them.
- Leave people alone. Seriously. Some people should not be interacted with on Mondays. They will drive you insane. Leave them till Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, or never ?
All of these tips about being happy on a Monday boil down to one thing: choices.
You really, actually, truly can be happy on a Monday if you choose to be happy on a Monday.
It really is up to you.
So don’t take life so seriously. See the humor in the annoying people driving you up the wall. Decide that you will have a good day no matter what.
And enjoy your Monday!